Finally! I didn’t think I was ever going to get back into the groove with the rest of the world. It’s really not good to start off the New Year behind – I mean I’m suppose to be going forward. Like everyone else I have been reminising about the year 2012 – did I accomplish my goals, did I improve myself, have I become a better person. Let’s tackle to first question:
1. Did I accomplish my the goals I had set for myself in 2012? I am ashamed to say ‘no’ to that so I must carry over goals from the last year.
2. Did I improve myself? I did change some of my habits and I have stuck with those changes, along with learning new things. I believe that improving ones self is an on going thing and is probably a life goal.
3. And last of all, have I become a better person? Again this is an on-going life goal to care more about others than yourself.
With all that out of the way I did sit down and set new goals for 2013, but I won’t bore you with the details. One thing I will share is that as I continue to blog my goal has always been to combine my shared love of food photography, cooking, and family. That is what I wish to create, a family of not just readers, but a family of friends. Families and food go together – it brings back memories like a family photo album or scrapbook. So, am I ready for 2013? For me 2013 is like when Jesus comes back – Are you ready? All I can answer is – You better be ready, cause 2013 is here.
I had many wonderful things happen in 2012 (there were some downs, but the good definitely out-weighed the down times). My oldest son and his family moved back to Georgia, so there has been more family time with them. I have traveled to San Diego, West Palm Beach, and Charleston, SC. We have had a wedding and 3 additions to our family – I have two new daughters and one new grandson (more people to love).
1. (top) My youngest son is a Marine and graduated from school – Lance Corporal Philip Stephens
2. Philip and Becca’s engagement and wedding.
3. My middle son, Matthew moved to West Palm Beach, where he is a chef for ‘The Breakers’.
My husband’s passion is cars. This is the Cavallino Classic 2012 in West Palm.
1. (top) Summertime fun – Cookout and Father’s Day
2. My print won an award at the Blue Ridge Mountain National Art Show; last picture is my new daughter
3. Baby Shower; Halloween; Charleston Food Photography Workshop
1. Good times with my grandson Vann – petting farm and Ga. Aquarium
2. Trip to San Diego visiting Philip and Becca
3. My new grandson Julian Carter Stephens
My husband’s new hobby – go cart racing at the race track
(This is it I promise) My husband’s toys – the Shelby was a new addition to the family.
Leave a Reply