This sweet little guys face says it all – Yes, it’s Monday.
No Matter how you Monday is going; I have 2 fast and easy pasta recipes for you. the both include either of the following – (the type of pasta is your choice) – angel hair, white sweet potato noodles, or spaghetti squash. What makes them different is the sauce you create. Both sauces take about 30 minutes or less.
Pasta with Tomato/Basil/Lemon & Parmesan
*1 tablespoon olive oil
*2 cloves of garlic (minced)
*1/2 cup of white wine
*2 chopped roma tomatoes (seeded removed) or 2 (14.5
oz.cans) of diced tomatoes (drained and rinsed)
*1 lemon (juiced)
*1 Tablespoon of lemon zest
*salt and pepper to taste
*2 Tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
* 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
*pasta or noodles of your choice (if using angel hair – prepare
while making sauce)
1. In a pan over medium high heat; saute minced garlic in olive oil (just until it is slightly golden).
2. Pour into same pan the white wine. Heat for about 2 minutes, or until wine has been reduced by about half.
3. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and chopped tomatoes (or the drained and rinsed canned tomatoes). Let these combine with the garlic and wine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Pour this sauce over the prepared pasta or noodles of choice.
5. Add/mix together the sauce, pasta, and 1/4 cup of
Parmesan, and 2 tablespoons of fresh basil.
(also, you can never have enough Parmesan – after the pasta has been served; grate a little extra Parmesan on top.)
(2) Roasted Tomato & Garlic with Shrimp
(The key to making this recipe simple is buying shrimp that has already been cooked.)
*2 (28 oz.) cans of roasted tomatoes (undrained)
*3 cloves of garlic (minced)
*salt and pepper to taste
*2 Tablespoons of freshly chopped basil
*1 lb. of fresh cooked shrimp (I purchased mine at Whole
Foods – it was cooked, peeled, and deveined; can\’t get any
*freshly grated Parmesan (for serving)
1. Pour the 2 cans of undrained roasted tomatoes in a pan over
medium high heat.
2. Stir in fresh minced garlic; salt and pepper to taste.
3. Heat to boiling; turn down to a simmer. Let this
mixture simmer to thicken (about 25 minutes or the
amount of time it takes for the thickness you desire.)
4. When the sauce is to the thickness you like- stir in the basil.
Let cook for 1 minute to combine.
5. Next add in the shrimp (stir to combine and let the shrimp
warm in the sauce). This will only take about 3 to 5
minutes. Do not over heat; shrimp will become tough.
6. Add the sauce to pasta or noodles of your choice
7. Top with freshly grated Parmesan.
Enjoy! Hope you have a perfect Monday!
Leave a Reply